You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-04 00:15:07

Kde error with klibdevx.so.4

:oops: I've succesfully installed FreeX86 and it is working and I also installed kde 3.1.2 but when I try to run kde it make an error. The error says that it can't slocate klibdevx.so.4 and that it can't run kdeinit. Anyone know how to fix this error??? I'm a newbie and will appreciate ur help, thanks.

#2 2003-10-04 01:45:16

sarah31
Website

Re: Kde error with klibdevx.so.4

try first removing slocate with "pacman -Rd slocate" then i recommend removing the package tarball from /var/cache. then try installing it again. it sounds like your slocate did not install properly as is sometimes the case with this package. when it installs incorrectly the user slocate group is not created causing the errors like the one you got.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2003-10-04 06:49:06

Nautivus

Re: Kde error with klibdevx.so.4

Now I have a problem with libqt-mt.so.3. I run startkde and it show an error in the screen. Kreadconfig, Ksplash, Kdeinit, Ksmserver, Kdeconfig.
The error look like:

kreadconfig: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

ksplash: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

kdeinit: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

ksmserver: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation

kdeconfig: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

How can I fix this? I was thinking that maybe there are some missing files in the Full Arch installation Cd. So I download a newer version of kde including tha arts, kdelibs and kdebase files. I also download a newer version of qt. I download the source files the ones that ends in .tar.bz2. So I unpacked them and when I run ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde
I get the following error:
configure:error:C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check.
What can I do to fix this. Is it easier to install them this way than fixing the problem with my startkde problem. I will appreciate your help, I want to have kde running.

Board footer