You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-10 22:32:52

teh
Website

Snatcher in Arch.

I've been reading about this Kojima's game and the different versions of the game, apparently the CD-ROMantic (1992) was the best version they ever did, but is this in english and available for "Leenucks" (any emulator| iso | bin) ?

Hope you can help me to play this cult game in Arch.

Last edited by teh (2010-06-10 22:35:25)

arst

#2 2010-06-10 23:09:51

lucke

Re: Snatcher in Arch.

I've been playing it in some sega emulator under Arch in English, methinks. Don't really remember the details.

Loved it.

#3 2010-06-10 23:21:09

Procyon

From what I know there are only two translations, one is for the Sega CD, you will need gens. This one has English dubs.
And a version for MSX, that is missing the last Act. You will need openmsx for that. I haven't played this one myself though, so I don't know if it's worth it.

If you are installing an MSX emulator, give SD Snatcher a try too, first and one of the best RPGs I ever played (it has a Spanish translation too, if you like) links for both MSX games are here: http://www.generation-msx.nl/msxdb/translations

Also check out the spiritual successor Policenauts, it was fan-translated last year. I used one of the AUR PS1 emulators and it worked fine. I like Policenauts better, but maybe I'm just a sucker for space stations, I guess I should try Snatcher for MSX because my Sega CD run was like 10 years ago...

#4 2010-06-14 21:19:55

Awebb

I also vote for the SegaCD version, I think it's the most enjoyable one. gens will run fine, even though there is no 64bit version. It also supports joypads natively. The only deficit of the SegaCD version is the lack of some action options (mostly looking at boobs and getting a canny comment.

Also, play Policenauts. They finally made an english patch, wich works very well: http://policenauts.net/english/. Will play in any comon PSX emulator, I'd recommend one with mouse support.

Board footer