You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-16 07:27:25

CPUnltd
Website

installing Canon Pixma MP520 - client-error-not-possible

tried this on my laptop and desktop with the same results:

- system-config-printer outputs 'client-error-not-possible'

- CUPS outputs 'bad uri .....cnij:usb/dev/.../lp1'

installed all proper packages, have correct ppd file, can't blacklist usblp (printer not detected then)

completely out of options as to why this printer refuses to install... was printing fine a few days ago on the desktop, so I'm completely lost as to why it stopped working correctly.  Stuck unable to print mission-critical documents... any and all help welcome.  I need to get past this issue ASAP or I will have to buy a newer printer (or give up on Arch for printing purposes)... thanks in advance!

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2010-06-16 12:35:57

fredszaq

Re: installing Canon Pixma MP520 - client-error-not-possible

I had the same problem a few days ago, with the sames errors, I didn't had the time to correct this so I installed the printer drivers in an XP virtualbox....

I would be interested to know you'll solve this problem, if you du so ^^

#3 2010-06-16 14:02:07

CPUnltd
Website

Re: installing Canon Pixma MP520 - client-error-not-possible

That makes me wonder if the issue came with a recent update... as I didn't have this problem as bad as I do now.  I was able to get both my laptop and desktop to find this printer (I believe somewhere between CUPS and system-config-printer I stumbled upon a way to get it recognized via HAL, but have no clue how I pulled it off)... of course I thought I was smart enough to reinstall it since my initial issue was that the print jobs were hanging on "processing" but never actually printing.  Now that all instances of the printer are gone from both systems, I'm kinda screwed... at least for the moment...  Not sure how I can force it to be seen again via HAL, but if I can figure that part out, I'll be good... and I'll document it here so I have a reference (and others can deal with the same issue)

if I don't just say SCREW IT and go out to buy an MP560...

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

Board footer