You are not logged in.

#26 2010-06-11 15:43:24

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

Re: GNU/Linux in China

Err..aren't there like a lot of China-made Linux distros? OK I'm not so sure..but in Singapore we have some stores selling computers/laptops with Linux pre-installed. And those contain some kind of Chinese distribution.

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

#27 2010-06-11 15:58:26

jocheem67

#28 2010-06-11 15:59:34

tlaloc

Red Flag Linux comes to my mind immediatedly (google it). There are probably many more ...

#29 2010-06-11 17:14:55

simpu

try to initiate  them with ubuntu.show them the power of linux.

You never will be the person you can be if pressure, tension and
discipline are taken out of your life.
                                                  James G. Bilkey

#30 2010-06-15 08:54:01

istartagain

zowki wrote:

Why not show them Ylmf OS if they are that fussy about Windows?
http://www.ylmf.org/

as I know ,YLMF used to make money from pirate windows OS.
YLMF OS is based on ubuntu ,but it looks like winxp.most of my friends (on the internet )think it is bad

#31 2010-06-15 17:58:51

Vamp898
Website

What about RedFlag Linux?

http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh/%E7%B4%85%E6%97%97Linux

afaik this is very promoted and every public institution have to use it

#32 2010-06-17 14:02:26

MrAllan

istartagain wrote:

I am a Chinese ,17 years old.Sorry for my poor English
I use ipv6 to get through the GFW (information >wikipedia)
PRC is an "amazing" country,en,most people here only know Windows xp and they sometimes think that rich man is good man ,so Bill is the Greatest man in the world,now he is becoming a bad man.
Only a few people here know about GNU/linux,in fact none of my classmates know about linux.if you tell them "我的计算机不用装杀毒软件"(my computer does not have to install an anti-virus software ,or "I don't need to have a mouse to control my computer"they think you are telling a lie.What should I do ?

I'm interested, what happens if the government finds out you're getting through the GFW?

#33 2010-06-17 14:41:04

roy_hu

MrAllan wrote:
istartagain wrote:

PRC is an "amazing" country,en,most people here only know Windows xp and they sometimes think that rich man is good man ,so Bill is the Greatest man in the world,now he is becoming a bad man.
Only a few people here know about GNU/linux,in fact none of my classmates know about linux.if you tell them "我的计算机不用装杀毒软件"(my computer does not have to install an anti-virus software ,or "I don't need to have a mouse to control my computer"they think you are telling a lie.What should I do ?

I'm interested, what happens if the government finds out you're getting through the GFW?

The government is satisfied to block 90% of people. It tries to improve its blocking ability, but this is a never-ending arms race.

#34 2010-06-17 15:44:12

paldepind

roy_hu wrote:
MrAllan wrote:
istartagain wrote:

The government is satisfied to block 90% of people. It tries to improve its blocking ability, but this is a never-ending arms race.

So the government doesn't do anything if they discovers that you are finding a way trough the GFW? Or?

#35 2010-06-18 02:39:02

roy_hu

paldepind wrote:
roy_hu wrote:
MrAllan wrote:

So the government doesn't do anything if they discovers that you are finding a way trough the GFW? Or?

That's basically right. But you're in big trouble if you use this ability to do anything potentially harmful to the government.

#36 2013-02-04 14:41:52

blue sea & blue sail

哥们,你是哪的人啊,我是黑龙江的。你现在用GNU/Linux吗,告诉你个小秘密:现在大多数的Linux系统不是自由的,只有GNU网上列出了一些纯自由发行版。我也是最近才知道的。真的,其实adobe flash player真的很难用,它要求你的配置很高,但它的性能很不好,占用太多的CPU,最主要它不是自由的,你不知道它背后对你的计算机做了什么小动作。很多事实表明,很多网站利用adobe flash player做广告。还有其它很多非自由的软件,像Chrome浏览器,firefox,(firefox可以用Iceweasel代替),还有现在的Linux内核都不是自由的,因为它里面集成了非常多的非自由驱动!现在自由的Linux内核叫做Linux-LIBRE,是自由版本。抛弃非自由的软件吧,它们破坏了计算机社会的秩序,是不道德的,限制了我们的道德,他们的眼里只有金钱。建议正在享受GNU/Linux的人们真正去了解GNU的精神。它会訨计算机世界变得更健康。

https://www.gnu.org

Acer TM B115-P5BB | intel video card |Seagate 500G 5400rpm AF 7.5mm | 2GB RAM | 2.5 GHz Pentium N3530 CPU

#37 2013-02-04 17:14:57

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Necrobumping and posting in the Engliosh language forums? Please don't do that:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … Bumping.22

Closing

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer