You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-19 01:52:03

johnny5

icarus verilog make failure

I am running a new install of Arch i686. The group base-devel is installed along with Xorg and a handful of other useful office and development sofware packages (openoffice, nedit, gimp, blender, et al.)

During an attempt to build icarus manually the make process fails with a report of syntax errors in pform_discipline.cc I verified dependencies and tried again with failure. I then tried building the software with the makepkg utility. The PKGBUILD did not add anthing to the build process so naturally the same error(s) occurred.

When running ./configure the following messages appear which I have not seen before during any build process. It may be a clue, perhaps not. I was not able to resolve the warning or find concise information on how to do so.

configure:4546: checking libiberty.h presence
configure:4561: g++ -E  conftest.cpp
configure:4567: $? = 0
configure:4581: result: yes
configure:4594: WARNING: libiberty.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure:4596: WARNING: libiberty.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure:4598: WARNING: libiberty.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure:4600: WARNING: libiberty.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure:4602: WARNING: libiberty.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure:4604: WARNING: libiberty.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence

The snippet of the make log which shows several errors:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.  -Wall -g -O2 -MD -c pform_disciplines.cc -o pform_disciplines.o
pform_disciplines.cc:30:59: error: cannot call constructor 'perm_string::perm_string' directly
pform_disciplines.cc:30:59: error:   for a function-style cast, remove the redundant '::perm_string'
pform_disciplines.cc:31:61: error: cannot call constructor 'perm_string::perm_string' directly
pform_disciplines.cc:31:61: error:   for a function-style cast, remove the redundant '::perm_string'
pform_disciplines.cc: In function 'void pform_end_nature(const vlltype&)':
pform_disciplines.cc:85:46: error: cannot call constructor 'perm_string::perm_string' directly
pform_disciplines.cc:85:46: error:   for a function-style cast, remove the redundant '::perm_string'
pform_disciplines.cc:86:48: error: cannot call constructor 'perm_string::perm_string' directly
pform_disciplines.cc:86:48: error:   for a function-style cast, remove the redundant '::perm_string'
pform_disciplines.cc: In function 'void pform_end_discipline(const vlltype&)':
pform_disciplines.cc:174:50: error: cannot call constructor 'perm_string::perm_string' directly
pform_disciplines.cc:174:50: error:   for a function-style cast, remove the redundant '::perm_string'
make: *** [pform_disciplines.o] Error 1

I feel inclined to assume the AUR PKGBUILD file was provided by someone who did not experience these errors. The problem occurred for me with both 0.9.1 and 0.9.2 release versions of their source packages. I have not tried the development/unstable versions.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Board footer