You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-21 23:10:15

splippity

Is it possible to go from a chakra install (livecd) and go to arch?

I know they have their own packages now built off of arch's but wanted to know if you could simply modify pacmans conf to show official arch mirrors ???

I ask because I pooched my arch install today after sound wasnt working..... tinkered and tinkered and tinkered..... finally got so frustrated I deleted partition it was on.
Now trying to reinstall without another comp to reference the beginners guide from is nearly impossible so I need another alternative to get back up and running
would try posting on their forum but some of the forum links arent working (at least for me) so figured worth a shot here. thanks.
was also thinking about trying archbang since it gets you into a working arch linux install and then I could install kde since as far as I can tell they use all of arch's repos.

thanks.

#2 2010-06-21 23:36:20

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Is it possible to go from a chakra install (livecd) and go to arch?

The installation guide is on the installation media. If you know your way around linux a bit, that should be plenty, if not, print the beginner's guide or keep a second system handy to read it during installation.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#3 2010-06-21 23:52:55

splippity

kind of too late now...... wifeys coming home in a few and I get to here her bitch about why I even use linux to begin with.

So Im in windows 7 right now..............
I used her laptop for the original install (she wasnt happy then either) but she let someone borrow it for a month so guess whose computer turns into her surrogate computer????

I think the problem I had is a .34 problem since my sabayon install also lost sound since switching to the new kernel......

my topic is http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=99538

I had nvidia drivers working fine but decided to follow the "news" and switch to nouveau which wasnt a good choice....... so then I was pooched on not having audio or xorg working.

my fallback didnt work either...... who knows why.

so in frustration I said whatever and deleted whole partition...... all of the stuff I need was backed up already on another partition.
But not I get to try and tool around windows till I can get my linux distros running again

I know no one really cares about my rant lol. Also who knows whats wrong with my audio. It will probably be broke when I reinstall. Since someone on irc said they had same hardware and worked fine for them........
but I find it more than a coincidence that both sabayon and arch suffer same problem.  where as 20min earlier before upgrading to new kernel my audio was working like a champ.

#4 2010-06-22 00:02:21

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Please post the contents of /etc/wife.conf.

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

#5 2010-06-22 05:56:14

Pyntux

fsckd wrote:

lol

I do not speak English, but I understand...

#6 2010-06-22 07:05:14

cesura
Package Maintainer (PM)

fsckd wrote:

No luck sad

>>> cat /etc/wife.conf                                                      [~]
cat: /etc/wife.conf: No such file or directory
>>>                                                                         [~]

I've tried everything!

#7 2010-06-22 09:33:49

jack.mitchell
Website

jmi@temp:~$ touch /etc/itsbrad212.wife.conf
touch: cannot touch `/etc/itsbrad212.wife.conf': Permission denied

I was denied too sad

Board footer