You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-05 00:37:02

Nautivus

startkde: error loading shared libraries

Now I have a problem with libqt-mt.so.3. I run startkde and it show an error in the screen. Kreadconfig, Ksplash, Kdeinit, Ksmserver, Kdeconfig.
The error look like:

kreadconfig: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

ksplash: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

kdeinit: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

ksmserver: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation

kdeconfig: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory

How can I fix this? I was thinking that maybe there are some missing files in the Full Arch installation Cd. So I download a newer version of kde including tha arts, kdelibs and kdebase files. I also download a newer version of qt. I download the source files the ones that ends in .tar.bz2. So I unpacked them and when I run ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde
I get the following error:
configure:error:C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check.
What can I do to fix this. Is it easier to install them this way than fixing the problem with my startkde problem. I will appreciate your help, I want to have kde running.

#2 2003-10-05 02:31:42

red_over_blue

Re: startkde: error loading shared libraries

Hello,

First, make sure that you actually have the file libqt-mt.so.3 on your system.  It should be in /opt/qt/lib/

If you don't have it, it is provided by qt, so use pacman to install qt again:

pacman -S qt

You likely do have it, but just don't have an environment variable pointing to your qt lib directory.  You should have a file called /etc/profile.d/qt.sh.  This is also provided by qt.  Again, if you don't, just re-install qt as it is missing files, so you might as well re-install it.  If it is there, just do the following:

source /etc/profile

Now, you can check that your system knows where qt is located.  Try the following:

[john@limbo john]$ set | grep -i qt
MANPATH=/usr/man:/usr/X11R6/man:/opt/qt/man
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/bittorrent:/opt/qt/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/xfce4/bin:/home/john/bin
QTDIR=/opt/qt
[john@limbo john]$ 

See at the bottom where it says QTDIR =/opt/qt, you need that or else when you try to run things that depend on qtlibs, they don't know where to look.

Then try starting KDE.  If that works, add the "source /etc/profile" to the .bashrc file in your home directory, using your favorite text editor.  This file is "run" everytime you log in.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget to post your PKGBUILD in your thread when you announce a new package in incoming.
see HERE for details

Board footer