You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-23 03:46:11

milomouse
Website

[solved] prevent rc.sysinit overwrite with updates?

solution: add file name to NoUpgrade in the pacman.conf. So simple

I <know> I've read somewhere in one of the boot performance threads about preventing the file from being overwritten or some alternative but I've been searching for a while and can't find it, so I figured I'd ask the question outright for clarity purposes:

Is there a way to prevent my changes to the rc.sysinit file from being overwritten when I update my computer? I know about the rc.local file but I still want to REMOVE things from rc.sysinit like RAID and luks encryption (since I don't use RAID and use loop-aes anyways), plus quite a few other things I don't need or want, needless to say some things I add to it, regardless of rc.local. I understand there might be some "critical" additions to the rc.sysinit file in the future but I'm still curious on how to keep my additions (hopefully without having to write a script to check for changes and add my own, as there will be a few hurdles to overcome though not impossible, I suppose). Anywho, that's all I really want to ask about it. Thanks for reading smile

Last edited by milomouse (2010-06-23 03:59:24)

#2 2010-06-23 03:50:32

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: [solved] prevent rc.sysinit overwrite with updates?

Use "man pacman.conf".   Specifically look at NoUpgrade.

#3 2010-06-23 03:57:24

milomouse
Website

Re: [solved] prevent rc.sysinit overwrite with updates?

So NoUpgrade = /etc/rc.sysinit , I presume? Fantastic. Thanks. I should've known but it's been a while since I read the manpage and realized I don't even have one right now for pacman or pacman.conf. I checked pacman -Ql pacman too and it's not there. Thanks for the help though!

Edit: Package release 2 includes manpages now, thanks.

Last edited by milomouse (2010-06-24 23:07:57)

Board footer