You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-24 13:13:03

kokoko3k

Shiny new firefox 3.6.4 crash protection system!

This release provides crash protection for Windows and Linux users by isolating third-party plugins when they crash.
Results from our beta testing show Firefox 3.6.4 will significantly reduce the number of Firefox crashes experienced by users who are watching online videos or playing games. When a plugin crashes or freezes while using Firefox, users can enjoy uninterrupted browsing by simply refreshing the page.

But silverlight/moonlight won against firefox smile

Attempting to load libmoonloaderxpi 
Moonlight: no audio capture service available
Moonlight: Installing signal handlers for crash reporting.
Moonlight: Enabling MONO_DEBUG=keep-delegates and MOONLIGHT_ENABLE_CONSOLE=1
windowless mode
Using the ff3 bridge
Moonlight: Plugin AppDomain Creation: OK
Moonlight: setting option emulatekeycodes to 0
Moonlight: setting option clipping to 0
Moonlight: setting option bbox to 0
Moonlight: setting option textbox to 0
Moonlight: setting option occlusion-culling to 1
Moonlight: setting option cache to 0
Moonlight: setting option backend to 1
Moonlight: setting option keepmedia to 0
Moonlight: setting option effects to 1
Moonlight: setting option curlbridge to 0
Moonlight: setting option ooblauncher to 0
trying to load: /Microsoft.Web.Media.SmoothStreaming;component/themes/generic.xaml
trying to load: /Microsoft.SilverlightMediaFramework.Player;component/themes/generic.xaml
trying to load: /System.Windows;component/themes/generic.xaml
*** WARNING *** The element referenced in Binding.ElementName ('BitrateElement') could not be found
trying to load: /System.Windows.Controls.Layout.Toolkit;component/themes/generic.xaml

=============================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code.                        
 We'll first ask gdb for a stack trace, then try our own     
 stack walking method (usually not as good as gdb, but it    
 can do managed and native stack traces together)            
=============================================================

Debug info from gdb:

Debug info from libmoon:

** (firefox:21076): WARNING **: Serious fd usage error 14

** (firefox:21076): WARNING **: Serious fd usage error 12
        /home/root/.mozilla/firefox/Destra/extensions/moonlight@novell.com/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so [0xa94e6e98] moonlight_handle_native_sigsegv /home/rupert/src/moon-2-99-0-7/moon/src/debug.cpp:748
        /home/root/.mozilla/firefox/Destra/extensions/moonlight@novell.com/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so [0xa9829a45] mono_chain_signal /home/rupert/src/moon-2-99-0-7/mono/mono/mini/mini-posix.c:142
        /home/root/.mozilla/firefox/Destra/extensions/moonlight@novell.com/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so [0xa975e143] mono_sigsegv_signal_handler /home/rupert/src/moon-2-99-0-7/mono/mono/mini/mini.c:5395
        [0xb788240c]
        /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0.2400.1 [0xb5e39944] g_ptr_array_remove_fast ??:0
        /home/root/.mozilla/firefox/Destra/extensions/moonlight@novell.com/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so [0xa985bb08] remove_wsq /home/rupert/src/moon-2-99-0-7/mono/mono/metadata/threadpool.c:1606
        /home/root/.mozilla/firefox/Destra/extensions/moonlight@novell.com/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so [0xa98fc9fa] start_wrapper /home/rupert/src/moon-2-99-0-7/mono/mono/metadata/threads.c:763
        /home/root/.mozilla/firefox/Destra/extensions/moonlight@novell.com/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so [0xa990880e] thread_exit /home/rupert/src/moon-2-99-0-7/mono/mono/io-layer/wthreads.c:202
        /home/root/.mozilla/firefox/Destra/extensions/moonlight@novell.com/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so [0xa9943f4e] GC_start_routine /home/rupert/src/moon-2-99-0-7/mono/libgc/pthread_support.c:1390
        /lib/libpthread-2.12.so [0xb7830e60] start_thread ??:0
AudioPlayer: Using Alsa.
EMIT OF EVENT 36 ON OBJECT MediaElement CALLED WITH NO LISTENERS AND NON-NULL CALLDATA
        /lib/libc.so.6(clone+0x5e) [0xb769e20e]

Last edited by kokoko3k (2010-06-24 13:15:46)

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#2 2010-06-24 16:56:27

toxygen

Re: Shiny new firefox 3.6.4 crash protection system!

i blame the microsoft cludge on that one smile

i have seen flash player crash a couple of times i get the sad  smiley icon, a quick refresh and it's back up.

"I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here:
Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?"

Board footer