You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-25 04:28:32

Ben9250
Website

[SOLVED] Trying to replace Gnome foot Icon with Arch logo.

Hey, I'm finding it annoying trying to get an Arch logo instead of the gnome foot on my Menu-Bar, can anyone help? I know there's another post on a similar topic, I followed the instructions but have a problem, as it said I should simply go into ~/.icons and in 'places' replace the start-here icon and gnome main menu icon and such with an .svg of the arch logo, but I'm using the Gion icon theme which I got from gnome-art and in 'places' those files with those names or the gnome feet don't exist. I also tried editing the gnome icon set's files in /usr/share/icons and changing them to the arch logo, the Main Menu is now an Arch logo, but the Menu Bar, with Applications, Places and System still has the gnome foot, I've had a look around the files and tried to see if there was anything I'd missed but I didn't see anything.

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-07-05 21:42:40)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

#2 2010-06-25 04:58:45

anonymous_user

Re: [SOLVED] Trying to replace Gnome foot Icon with Arch logo.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNO … _Arch_Icon

BTW if your theme doesn't include a starthere.png, you can simply add it.

#3 2010-06-25 05:45:05

Ben9250
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Trying to replace Gnome foot Icon with Arch logo.

Ah now I understand, I was trying to put the files in anyway as you suggested and see if it would work but it wouldn't, until I deleted a cache file that was in the Gion folder, now it works perfectly =] Thanks.

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

Board footer