You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-29 21:34:05

brownkenny

wavpack tags in ncmpcpp

Hi guys. I know a lot of you use ncmpcpp for your music playback, so I figured I would ask this here. I've got a large collection of lossless music in the wavpack format on my computer. I'm very meticulous with the tags on my music. I've recently been playing with some changes to my ncmpcpp config file and I've noticed that ncmpcpp apparently does not support the "year" tag in wavpack files. I'm sure that my files actually have a "year" tag, as I've checked them in both foobar2000 and easytag. I've also tried editing the "year" tags within ncmpcpp to no avail. I know that I have the permissions set correctly on my music directory, as I can edit other tags on the files using the builtin tag editor. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I doing something wrong?

The one pertinent line in my ncmpcpp config file is

song_columns_list_format = "(5f)[white]{n} (27)[cyan]{a} (40)[white]{t} (50)[cyan]{b} (6f)[green]{lr}"

If I try changing one of the columns to display the "year" tag, only <empty> is displayed in that column.

In short, has anyone else experienced issues with the "year" tag in wavpack files in ncmpcpp?

#2 2010-06-30 00:18:07

igndenok

Re: wavpack tags in ncmpcpp

Yeah me too. But that time I thought ncmpcpp couldn't read year tag in wavpack files with time format yyyy-mm-dd.

Ask, and it shall be given you.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Board footer