You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-30 00:18:20

yvonney

offlineimap: hosted/cpanel accounts -- can't collect from main INBOX

Been studying this for a couple of days.

need to have offlineimap collect mail from basic cpanel/webmail account.
There's an INBOX, Sent, Drafts, Trash by default even with one specific email address added to account.
That said, hoarde shows a set of folders for the email address as well as the above folders whereas
squirrelmail just shows the main 4 folders so I created a set of folders and subscribed them in squirrel.

offlineimap DOES read the folders nicely.
offlineimap -u TTY.TTYUI

it's not actually seeing the INBOX however.

There's no need/way to subscribe via cpanel/webmail to the main unchange-able INBOX etc. right?

Normally setup a  cpanel admin'd mail account with one email, then set the default email address TO that account
so that only email to the exactly named account can be received.

Have done what is even for me a ridiculous amount of reading and tests including most recently deleting the
default account so that in squirrelmail for example there is only the INBOX, Send Drafts and Trash folders in the left
column. There's no folder option to subscribe (imap) for these and the folders I created and subscribed to for the
only email account no longer show up.

Have tried the offlineimap specifying folderfilter and foldertrans options in .offlineimap, deleted the stuff in .offlineimap
and tons of other things. I did get emails that I moved via the webmail interface to one of the subfolders to be sync'd/downloaded by offlineimap
so it does work. Though what do I need to do to have it read the MAIN non-delete-able INBOX etc.

Looked into mxrecords possibilities etc. Checked many an .offlineimparc found on the web. Just not had luck.

I think it should be possible to have a stock webmail setup with one email address and with or without the default mailbox set in cpanel
and be able to sych with offlineimap.

There's some big tip right?

thank you.

Last edited by yvonney (2010-06-30 00:37:49)

Board footer