You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-25 02:35:33

lordmetroid

Wikipedia Zathura (Software)

I tried to create an article for Zathura but of course someone who thinks wikipedia rather does not need this article unless it is world reknown showed up and in order to keep the article according to the whim of the deletitionist:

Wikipedia user Terrillja wrote:

See WP:RS. A writeup by PC World or a an article on it in a major computing periodical would lend some evidence of notability.

"Notabilitity", such a ridiculus policy! The quality of the information doesn't change just because it has become noticed by some journalist. Useful information is useful whether or not it has been noted by a journalist or not in my opinion, cause not even evince has such a coverage.

Do anyone have any proof of "notability" of Zathura?

Last edited by lordmetroid (2010-06-25 02:36:32)

#2 2010-06-25 03:51:33

gaunt

Re: Wikipedia Zathura (Software)

Not much yet...Uzbl barely has an article, and that only because it got featured on Slashdot.

I see that our wiki has no article on zathura, however - just an external link on the "Lightweight Applications" page.  If wikipedia doesn't want a writeup, I'm sure we do.

#3 2010-06-25 09:47:58

neldoreth

Hello,

As far as I am concerned was zathura mentioned on slashdot some time ago - In addition some one wrote about it on ilovefreesoftware.com, but to be honest, I do not care if zathura has its own wikipedia article. And we have already seen that wikipedia acts strange on some topics, like on dwm.

But thanks for your endeavor.

Best regards

Last edited by neldoreth (2010-06-25 09:48:26)

pwmt.org : programs with movie titles

#4 2010-07-03 14:14:59

lordmetroid

neldoreth what license are the screenshots of Zathura on your homepage? I want to add https://zathura.pwmt.org/screenshots/za … estfit.png to the article

#5 2010-07-03 14:33:35

neldoreth

Hello,

lordmetroid wrote:

neldoreth what license are the screenshots of Zathura on your homepage? I want to add https://zathura.pwmt.org/screenshots/za … estfit.png to the article

You can do with them what ever you want to, but you may want to use a more current one.

But I have a question: Why is written in the article that zathura is developed by "The GIMP Development Team"? If you want to write an article about zathura, you are welcome to do that, but please don't publish wrong information!

Best regards

#6 2010-07-03 14:41:12

lordmetroid

I though I had deleted that line, thank you for pointing it out

#7 2010-07-03 15:05:13

neldoreth

Hello,

lordmetroid wrote:

I though I had deleted that line, thank you for pointing it out

OK - Don't take me the wrong way, but ll in all you may want to write a bit more about the project, because when I take a look at the current article, I totally understand the deletion request, because such an article is more or less useless (You would get much more information, if you just link to the pwmt website).

Best regards

#8 2010-07-19 01:36:03

lordmetroid

Although I think it is unfortunate, it was determined that Zathura lacked enough notability in order to justify an article on Wikipedia. However in case it gets enough notability in the future, I saved the stub for future use.

{{Infobox software
| name                 = Zathura
| logo                 = 
| screenshot           = [[File:Zathura-0.0.2-bestfit.png|250px]]
| caption              = 
| developer            = 
| released             = 18th September 2009
| frequently updated   = yes <!-- Release version update? Don't edit this page, just click on the version number! -->
| programming language = [[C (programming language)|C]] and [[GTK+]]
| operating system     = [[Linux]]
| language             = English
| status               = Active
| genre                = [[PDF viewer]]
| license              = 
| website              = [https://zathura.pwmt.org/ zathura.pwmt.org]
}}
'''Zathura''' is a [[Portable Document Format|PDF-viewer]] using a [[command prompt]] input and shortcut keys for the [[User interface|interface]]. The interface is highly configurable, configured by a text file containing the configuration.<ref>[http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/09/windows/file/download-zathura-free-pdf-viewer.html Download Zathura Free PDF Viewer – Small Size, Very Fast] on ''I love free software'' last accessed June 26, 2010</ref>

Zathura uses the [[Poppler (software)|poppler]] pdf rendering library and [[GTK+]]<ref>[http://www.linux.com/directory/Software/Applications/Zathura/details Zathura] on Linux.com last accessed June 26, 2010</ref>

== References ==
{{reflist}}

{{software-stub}}

Board footer