You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-07 05:00:19

henrypootel

Can't get Kompozer to run

Hi
I'm trying to get Kompozer to run on my Arch machine, and have no success so far.
I've downloaded versions .70, .81 and .83 from the kompozer site, but whenever I try to run the 'kompozer' file, nothing happens.
When I run 'kompozer-bin', i get this, and then nothing happens, so I assume that this is my problem:

kompozer-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libxpcom_core.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can see the 'libxpcom_core.so' file in the kompozer folder, so perhaps I just need top copy this somewhere?
I've tried using the AUR kompozer package, but I get errors as mentioned in the AUR comments for it.
There's a file in the kompozer folder called 'kompozer-config' which sounds promising, but it gives me this:

Usage: ./kompozer-config [OPTIONS] [LIBRARIES]
Options:
    [--prefix[=DIR]]
    [--exec-prefix[=DIR]]
    [--version]
    [--defines]
    [--libs] [libraries]
    [--cflags] [components]
        [--idlflags]
Components:
Libraries:
    xpcom
    nspr
    js
    jsj
    gfx

which I don't know what to do with.

Anyone have any success with kompozer on Arch?

#2 2010-07-07 20:19:08

LarryDC

Re: Can't get Kompozer to run

I spent 2 days trying to install it from the kompozer site.:
1 - The latest 0.8c binary wouldn't run at all and komposer-bin gave me the can't find the lib that was there in it's own directory.

2 - When I tried the source version, I got nowhere because I couldn't figure out what to modify in the .mozconfig for Ubuntu to have it behave properly on Arch.

SO with more searching bbs,archlinux.org ... and reading, I decided to give yaourt a go.  I just added the French repo to pacman.conf & powerpill -S yaourt = done.

Then it was simply:
yaourt kompozer
After 1/2 hour I agreed to install it & 0.8b is running beautifully.

BUT: DON't do what I did!  Always run yaourt as a user.  I was scared to death watching 1/2 of full CPU use as "root".  But then that's what newbies do!

My HUGE Thanks to the AUR team for fixing komposer to run spendidly on Arch.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

#3 2010-07-07 20:27:59

anonymous_user

Just FYI, but there is no AUR "team". The maintainer for the kompozer AUR package is tcmdvm:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13667
http://aur.archlinux.org/account.php?Ac … fo&ID=4452

#4 2010-07-08 14:51:43

tcmdvm
Website

I am glad you found kompozer in AUR, and got it going.

There are a lot of packages in AUR. If I am looking for a package I always check AUR as well as the repositories.

You can also "try" to write a new package for packages that aren't available and submit them.

There is a lot of information in the wiki as well as the newsgroup on AUR.

Board footer