You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-09 14:29:12

Klonji

[ARCHISO] Cannot re-read partition table, device busy

Hi,

Thanks for archiso, it's such a great tool.

But I've got some issues.
I've created a live iso with success, everything works fine.

Usually I use Linux with dd to copy my iso to an USB drive. But I need to do it under Windows. After done my dd, I usually create a /home partition, formated as ext2 for storing my files. To create this partition I use the free space remaining on my usb drive. The problem is I cannot create ext2 filesystem under Windows. I know there is some windows drivers for doing that but I cannot use it for somes non important reasons.
So I'd like to create my ext2 partiton during the first boot. I've modify the rc.sysvinit for doing that.
But when I create my ext2 partiton, using fdisk, it finnish with an error 16, device or ressource busy.
I don't understand why I get this error. Moreover I use the copytoram=y option, so my squashfs images are mounted in RAM.
I've try to umount everything (/, /bootmnt, etc...) but I still get this error.

The strange thing is, when I unplugged and re plug my usb drive, I got a block device for my new partition in /dev (in my case, I boot on /dev/sdc1, I only get /dev/sdc and /dev/sdc1 on boot, even after my fdisk, and I get a /dev/sdd, /dev/sdd1 and /dev/sdd2 after the unplug/replug thing).

Anybody can help me to understand why I get this error?
Thanks in advance.

Board footer