You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-25 09:27:53

gapo
Website

Banshee+Openbox

I'm running Openbox. I use Banshee for listening to my music. However, scrobbling to last.fm does not work in Banshee. When I click Authorize,

I get the following error.

Could not launch URL - http://last.fm/user/****** could not be opened: Failed to execute child process "epiphany" (No such file or directory)

Check your 'Preferred Applications' settings.

I have set my preferred application to open links as Chromium using xdg-open and I checked it in the terminal and it works perfectly.

Other users report that it does work on DE's and there is no problem with last.fm

P.S. : Since, this seems like essentially a DE issue I posted it here.

How I'm learning linux : If it ain't broken, fix it until it is. Then start over again.
....................................................................................................
Gapo the flow

#2 2010-04-25 10:13:14

gapo
Website

Re: Banshee+Openbox

ta da ... I've atleast cracked how to fix it up but this is not the proper solution. tongue

I installed epiphany as the error report indicated. However it crashed whenever I opened it to loginto last.fm.

Naturally I had to go back and install gnome-settings-daemon and run it.
Once it was running all sorts of things happened like it took over all my careful settings and other stuff. It also set my background wallpaper.

While that proves to be a nuisance epiphany now ran and last.fm was finally working the way it's supposed to.

And to fix gnome-settings from setting the wallpaper : install gconf-editor and uncheck /app//gnome_settings_daemon/plugins/background/active (untick the box), or with the following command:

gconftool-2 --set /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/plugins/background/active --type bo

Further u can also adjust various settings using gconf-editor.

Does anyone know a better method ?

How I'm learning linux : If it ain't broken, fix it until it is. Then start over again.
....................................................................................................
Gapo the flow

#3 2010-07-09 22:16:36

Sakura

Re: Banshee+Openbox

Just an update on this any case someone is wondering.

Because Banshee is married to GNOME, you only need to have the gnome-settings-daemon running when authorizing for LastFM. You don't need to have the gnome-settings-daemon running on subsequent launches of Banshee. Scrobbling will work fine as long as you're authorized.

Board footer