You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-01 15:07:05

scottro
Website

muttng and the from field

I began playing with muttng.  (I'm not sure if this should go under workstation or networking, but since it's not a server issue...)

I found that I could not set the header field.  Going through the system wide
/etc/Muttng I saw several things that seem as if they should have set it, such as set from use_from_field, etc (writing this from a FreeBSD box, so my syntax may be incorrect here.)

In the end, as the Muttng said that it defaults to the environment EMAIL variable, the only way I was able to get it to work was was to export EMAIL in my .bashrc.  Then, it worked without problem.

Otherwise, although I wanted the From: line to read From: Scott <srobbins@whatever.com> it would give (I was logged on as user scottro)
scottro@machinename.whatever.com.

Can someone tell me what I missed?

(If necessary, I can tell you each line that I tried, one at a time, in my $HOME/.muttrc. In general, I've always used folder-hook . "my_hdr blah blah" 

Thanks for any help.  It's not an urgent problem, since I fixed it with the EMAIL variable thingie, but still, as I have a popular mutt page, I feel I should know the answer.  smile

#2 2005-04-01 16:50:36

scottro
Website

Re: muttng and the from field

Fixed--heh, stupid mistake.  I was using .muttrc.  It looks for a file called, obviously enough. .muttngrc.   

Sigh.

#3 2005-04-02 22:47:57

neri
Forum Fellow

scottro wrote:

Fixed--heh, stupid mistake.  I was using .muttrc.  It looks for a file called, obviously enough. .muttngrc.   

Sigh.

It was suggested somewhere on the muttng folks wiki or ML to source
.muttrc from .muttngrc. so you can use either package with the same
configuration.

-neri

#4 2005-04-03 00:43:26

miqorz

That's actually a really good idea. big_smile

http://wiki2.archlinux.org/

Read it. Love it. Live it. Or die.

Board footer