You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-15 10:26:22

Ben9250
Website

Archiso or Larch

Hey I've been trying to make myself a live USB image or Arch to help with emergencies and such. I've had a go with Archiso and for the most part it works apart from errors with nautius and gnome when I start up a the gconf-sanity-check. I was going to try out larch. I had a read of the install instructions and tried to install it using pacman as it makes more sense and is what I'm used to, I tried it with pacman -U and the package that results from using makepkg on the makefile for larch I got from the AUR but that didnt work as when I try to start larch I get an error about a missing popuplist:list widget. I've tried getting the package directly from the berlios repository too (ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/larch/larch7.2/i686/) but when I put it in pacman.conf and do pacman -Sy I get an error about not being logged in. I could use it by using the setup script and using it in a working directory but I would have rather installed and used it in the familiar way I'm used to. Has anyone else done it either one way or the other and has any advice?

[EDIT] I've just tried using it in a working directory with the setup-script and running it from that directory, and I get the same error but this time regarding tabs hmm I'm thinking this is something to do with python then.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-07-15 10:29:54)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

Board footer