You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-15 12:41:18

kenshis

foxit reader with wine: full search don't react to mouse

Hello,

I want use full search feature in Foxit reader with wine.(to search for text in pdf's in specific directory). It does find text occurrences, *but* full search tab does not responds to mouse, and i can't select results. (actually, i need to tab through all bullets to start the search, because they don't react to mouse at all)

Does anybody tried it? Is there any solution?

I tried all Foxit versions, and they all behaves the same.
I used wine-1.1.44, but it was the same with all wine versions, for ~1 year.

Thanks

#2 2010-07-15 13:49:24

Gusar

Re: foxit reader with wine: full search don't react to mouse

Is there any reason why you're not using the native Linux version of Foxit?

#3 2010-07-15 14:15:58

kenshis

I had this feeling that there will be those questions...

To sum-up, no native Linux pdf reader has abilities, that i need.

I need to work a lot with pdf's, i need searching in directories, i need to annotate.
Foxit through wine is the closest solution to my needs, but there is this problem...

So please, don't ask any questions why i don't use this and that, i tried everything.

PDF-XChange works nicely with wine, and does everything, but it uses way too much recourses.
Okular is quite good, but when you annotate something, it gets so ssslow, and it stores markups not in pdf, so other pdf readers don't see annotations.

Back to question. Does anybody knows, why Foxits Full search sidebar, don't react to mouse? Maybe you had similar problems with other software?

#4 2010-07-15 14:42:24

Gusar

Ok, so the Linux version of Foxit does not have the same feature set of that the Windows version does. I didn't know that, I assumed they're the same.

Not sure if this will help, but I needed it to get the thesaurus in Word 2003 working: In winecfg, go to the Libraries tab and set riched20 to "Naitve then Builtin".  Possibly the solution for you is to set some other library to "native", but I wouldn't know which. I'd ask Google, but I assume you've already done that and haven't found a solution.

#5 2010-07-16 13:50:25

kenshis

Thanks for direction, though your dll did not fix problem. Tried others dll's, with no luck. Will try to investigate it more.

Board footer