You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-17 15:58:36

purilepolterguist
Website

tarball for vmware-server-modules' PKGBUILD missing [SOLVED]

Edit: I realized that my subject line was mis-leading

Hello,

I've been an arch user for several months now. Amazingly, I've been able to work my way through all the problems I've had thus far (due, in large part, to the arch community and wikis). This is my first time actually posting for help.

I've been trying to install VMware-Server on my latest install of arch, when I run a 'makepkg' on the vmware-server-modules package I get:

==> ERROR: VMware-server-2.0.2-203138.x86_64.tar.gz was not found in the build directory
and is not a URL.

A link to the missing tarball can be found on the vmware-server-2.0.2 AUR page (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=6182), however, when I click on the link, it 404's. I've done multiple Google, vmware.com, and archlinux.org/forum searches and have found nothing. I'm at a complete loss for what to do at this point. I really can't find anything of use on the subject, am I the only person who's had/having this problem? Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by purilepolterguist (2010-07-18 19:21:51)

#2 2010-07-18 19:25:37

purilepolterguist
Website

Re: tarball for vmware-server-modules' PKGBUILD missing [SOLVED]

Turns out I'm just retarded. That's the actual vmware-server package from the VMware download site, which I actually downloaded and unpacked in search of the file itself hmm For those who looked at this post, could no one have just gone, "Hey dumbass, it's the actual file from the VMware site."?

Board footer