You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-04 04:39:47

lmellen

anybody know how to get the clock working properly!

:x The stupid dumb blankety blank clock won't stabilize. Every time I reboot it changes.  A petty little problem, but I bet somebody knows how to fix it.
    In rc.conf I have hardwareclock set to "localtime" and timezone set to EST. In kde if I open Adjust Date & Time it's set to utc? Should I change rc.conf to UTC?? I just tried to adjust the clock and it would'nt
adjust at all. Anybody know how to fix this? -- Thanks  - Larry

I changed timezone to America/NewYork, instead of EST, they're both listed in usr/share/zoneinfo, and then left the fields in the Adjust Date & Time blank. It seems to be working, but what is the correct method?

#2 2005-04-04 05:15:33

cs25x

Re: anybody know how to get the clock working properly!

I have come to love htpd from freshmeat. Instead of accessing a timeserver it uses any old website. My clock is 3 seconds out on boot and it adjusts for that immediately then it checks every 12 hours. That may not suit everybody and those people would probably choose adjtime which calculates a slew rate and then brings your clock into synch with whatever atomic timeserver you nominate. However htpd is simple and it works. I use my ISP port 80.

--(*(cs25x--));

#3 2005-04-04 12:39:49

MillTek

Do you have a Nvidia chipset on your motherboard?  I do and until I saw a post here about disabling both of the 'spread spectrum' options in the Bios I had grief with the clock. 

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … d+spectrum

Check it out.

#4 2005-04-04 15:04:42

lmellen

Fixed -- All I did was change timezone in rc.conf from EST to America/NewYork. That other pain in the ass system used to recommend EST, therefore I used EST -- Larry smile

Board footer