You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-21 05:52:25

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Separate bin32 PKGBUILD for 32-bit only app?

So I've got a rudimentary PKGBUILD for the app OpenSong which is 32-bit only (its open-source, but based on RealBasic which doesn't have a 64-bit compiler for Linux). Because of the complexity of building RealBasic stuff, I just download the .deb and extract it with ar.

Basically, its 32-bit only. I want to upload it to the AUR, but am wondering of the pros/cons of either:-
1. Uploading opensong and bin32-opensong separately
2. A bit of hacking to make opensong depend on either gtk2 or lib32-gtk2 depending on ARCH (see the winetricks PKGBUILD for an example).

My question is whether 1 or 2 is more suitable. 2 is of course easier to maintain (not that this package will need much maintainance) but has problems with bauerbill in a chroot.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer