You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-21 19:29:16

Website

Anoying wine image opening problem

Hi all, I have a very odd problem that is driving me insane, everytime I double click on an image, wine tries to open it and comes out with an "DDE Failure", it doesnt matter if I change the application with the "open with" dialog, it still opens up with wine.

Is there a way to change this? I would like that when I double click image viewer opens the image.

cheers

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

#2 2010-07-21 20:47:12

Pajaro

Re: Anoying wine image opening problem

This happens to me too in a fresh install with LXDE, but i could change default program for opening images with right click, though LXDE shows like 5 "open with" when i right click.

I think that the problem has to be relatted to the fact that now wine extends file associations to the Linux desktop, so you can open files with your wine programs.

#3 2010-07-21 21:36:24

Website

maybe, but why would ANYONE want to open things like an image with wine? every linux distro in the world can read images....

WOW, I REMOVED wine from my system, and now double clicking images doesnt do anything yikes I have to right click -> open with -> image viewer.

sooo annoying. Maybe If I reinstall the image viewer (eog) that would refresh file associations, I will try this out and post results here.

Found the solution. Right click a conflicting file, then properties, then "open with" there should be something called "wine core exe" selected there, in my case it appeared multiple times, so I DELETED all the entries, and voila! now everyfile opens with double click big_smile

Last edited by 655321 (2010-07-21 21:50:24)

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

#4 2010-07-22 05:20:51

PirateJonno
Forum Fellow

you can delete wine-related files from ~/.local/share/applications/, ~/.local/share/mime and ~/.config/menus to get rid of them entirely. To stop it happening again, go into winecfg, click the Libraries tab and type "winemenubuilder.exe" in the drop-down box, then click add. This will stop wine creating entries in your menu as well, but I prefer to create them manually so that I can use better icons

"You can watch for your administrator to install the latest kernel with watch uname -r" - From the watch man page

Board footer