You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-26 17:36:11

Burning_aces

thunar + truecrypt

So I was told there was a topic somewhere but searching for "truecrypt" "truecrypt + thunar" and "thunar truecrypt" got no results
What I was wondering was how to get thunar to manage truecrypt partions like nautilus does, eg open them on the desktop and have them in the sidebar?

#2 2010-07-27 08:04:46

JackH79
Website

Re: thunar + truecrypt

Not quite sure what you mean here, but whenever you mount a truecrypt drive, it gets mounted in /media and gets thus accessible in thunar, just like in any other filebrowser.

#3 2010-07-27 09:01:19

Burning_aces

Err in gnome, when you mount a truecrypt file in /media/ it appears in the sidebar if its on locations and it gets a shortcut on the desktop
when you do it in thunar neither of those happen.
i was wondering if you can do what gnome does..

Last edited by Burning_aces (2010-07-27 09:18:13)

#4 2010-07-27 09:13:10

JackH79
Website

Burning_aces wrote:

Err in gnome, when you mount a truecrypt file in /media ...

Burning_aces wrote:

when you do it in gnome neither of those happen.

Burning_aces wrote:

Er ... what?

I know that Gnome is doing that. If you are still using Gnome, this should still be happening. If you are not using Gnome anymore but are now using something else, your new DE/WM may or may not have that feature. Thunar itself doesn't take care of your desktop, so you'll have to browse to /media yourself. I know that PCmanFM manages the desktop in LXDE, but aren't sure whether you'd get a similar functionality. Check it out.

Last edited by JackH79 (2010-07-27 09:17:30)

#5 2010-07-27 09:18:53

Burning_aces

JackH79 wrote:
Burning_aces wrote:

Err in gnome, when you mount a truecrypt file in /media ...

Burning_aces wrote:

when you do it in thunar neither of those happen.

Burning_aces wrote:

Er ... what?

I know that Gnome is doing that. If you are still using Gnome, this should still be happening. If you are not using Gnome anymore but are now using something else, your new DE/WM may or may not have that feature. Thunar itself doesn't take care of your desktop, so you'll have to browse to /media yourself. I know that PCmanFM manages the desktop in LXDE, but aren't sure whether you'd get a similar functionality. Check it out.

oh ok thanks

Board footer