You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-07 00:23:00

spudstrawb

USB remote won't wake htpc from suspend

I have just upgraded my arch/mythtv/xbmc frontend to kernel26-2.6.33.4-1 (x86_64). This has created a problem in that the MS usb remote control will not wake the computer from suspend. It used to do this fine when using kernel26-2.6.33.3-1. Whilst trying to troubleshoot the problem I tried the usb receiver in several usb ports, all to no avail. The computer will wake from suspend if I press a key on my wireless RF keyboard. This keyboard uses a usb dongle. I can swap the remote's usb receiver and the keyboard's usb dongle over so that they are using the usb port that the other one was previously using and the keyboard can still wake the computer, whilst the remote still cannot. So the usb ports must still be powered (they are all set in rc.local to be enabled during suspend). The power button on the remote will suspend the computer okay, so there isn't a problem with the power button itself.

The problem that I am having is also mentioned in this post http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=97998this.

Now here is the weird bit. After failing to sort the issue out, I booted into my other OS partition (the kernel26-2.6.33.3-1 one) and now it doesn't resume from suspend via the remote either (but it will from the keyboard). I have changed batteries in the remote, shutdown the computer and removed the power cord, had a look in the bios. Nothing that I have tried has got me back to where I was.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 2010-07-28 14:44:49

ould

Re: USB remote won't wake htpc from suspend

see my post here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 03#p798803 basically compile your own kernel using the patch I posted. Solved the issue for me!

Kevin

#3 2010-07-31 00:25:13

spudstrawb

Re: USB remote won't wake htpc from suspend

Thanks ould. Much appreciated.

Board footer