You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-03 01:10:06

circusfreak

Batch change file icons, Gnome/Nautilus

Sorry if this has been posted before, have had a look but no cigar.

I'm playing around with all my TV Series rips, and want to change all the icons of video files in individual folders to an image. Is there a way I can batch this, so I don't have to do each one individually?

I'm running Gnome using Nautilus.

Thanks.

Last edited by circusfreak (2010-08-03 01:24:31)

sudo chown me you

#2 2010-08-03 01:22:11

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Batch change file icons, Gnome/Nautilus

Convert a video to an image? I think there's something missing in your description of what you're trying to do.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-08-03 01:23:38

circusfreak

Oh sorry....
Meant change the file icons of each video file..

sudo chown me you

#4 2010-08-03 01:34:30

karol
Archivist

circusfreak wrote:

Oh sorry....
Meant change the file icons of each video file..

I still don't know what you mean: do you want another icon (like a logo) or a still from the movie - first frame maybe?

Can you describe what and how you're doing it? Probably you click sth, pick sth from a menu etc. - can write what exactly you do?

#5 2010-08-03 01:51:18

circusfreak

I just want to change the file icon to a picture I have. I can do this easily by going into a file property's and changing the individual files icon picture. But I have a folder full of files, and I want to change the icon picture of each file, to the same icon picture. I could do this by selecting each one, one by one. When I select them all however, It doesn't give me the option to change the file icon.

example1

sudo chown me you

#6 2010-08-03 03:00:10

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

You want a specific image? Or you just want thumbnails?

http://www.google.com.my/search?q=nauti … thumbnails

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#7 2010-08-03 03:04:30

circusfreak

Specific image. I'm using an image of the DVD cover. I want to change the default file icons to that picture, which I can 1 by 1 at the moment.

sudo chown me you

#8 2010-08-03 03:49:30

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

http://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&c … mmand-line

Since it doesn't seem my previous post was hint enough, I'll state it explicitly. Googling first is normally the best practice, especially for slightly more trivial issues such as these.

#9 2010-08-03 03:52:03

circusfreak

No I got that, as subtle as it was. Have already searched for a solution (which I stated in my original post) but can't seem to a anything.

Thanks for your help though.

sudo chown me you

Board footer