You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-06 20:49:24

Leprkan

Hi there! First post (easy one I hope)

Hey Archers!

First time on the forums smile New to Arch and Linux as a whole--loving it though!

Just having one issue that's really giving me a headache: whenever I open a window in GNOME the greater portion of the window spawns above the top panel making it difficult to view/move.  Just wondering if there's a way to change to default spawn location of a window.  I tried the window behavior under system settings but I couldn't find any relevant options.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you need clarification.  Probably a silly question, but I figured the combined genius of the forums would spare me some tears.

Thanks!
-Alex

#2 2010-08-06 21:12:05

karol
Archivist

Re: Hi there! First post (easy one I hope)

Go to https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=32421 if want to say hi, otherwise, please use a more informative title.

#3 2010-08-06 21:21:47

Leprkan

My apologies tongue Suppose I was just excited. Anyhow, I'll keep that in mind.

#4 2010-08-06 22:27:33

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Leprkan wrote:

Does that make sense? Let me know if you need clarification.  Probably a silly question, but I figured the combined genius of the forums would spare me some tears.

Please post a descriptive title. And do your own searching first, Arch encourages lots of DIY, not asking other people to do it for you. Closing.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer