You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-07 23:30:24

CPUnltd
Website

Mounting FSArchiver images

Google has not been my friend in researching this... will check the help info for FSArchiver again, but looking to find out if this is at all possible...

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2010-08-08 01:04:46

thisoldman

Re: Mounting FSArchiver images

As of a year ago it was not possible, according to the fsarchiver.org forum.  And it didn't look like mounting an archive as an image was or is an upcoming feature.
    https://www.fsarchiver.org/forums/viewt … &view=next

#3 2010-08-08 03:35:55

CPUnltd
Website

Re: Mounting FSArchiver images

honestly, if they released the filesystem type that was inside the archive to the right programmers, a third party bit of software could be created to make them mountable (or if they were connected with the right people to help bridge the gap)... not always do I feel the need to extract an entire image just for a few files on that image (like config files from an old install or something)... as of now, the closest workaround is extracting the archive into an image file and mounting that file... but not only is that an extra step, that's extra space required as well (if you have the space to spare)...  I currently do (to some degree) but feel it would be much better to have a direct mounting ability... also, for editing an archive.  They can even consider making their own sandbox function...  all options I'm sure someone else has mentioned by now.  But I do see why my google search was so desolate... it's a feature that currently doesn't exist.

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

Board footer