You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-08 04:09:06

Finding a decent cli mail client.

So I've been using mutt for a little while now and besides the setup and annoying default keys, I really enjoy using it.  Lately, though, I've been trying to set it up to hit different IMAP accounts with no success and I'm about about to throw the towel in on it.

I hear cone isn't bad for multi account and GPG usage, but the fonts are corrupted when I start it up...it's just junk output.

I didn't really like Alpine for enough reasons that I won't even consider using it again.

SO...based on this stuff, would I be able to get suggestions for a new mailing client that's a configurable as mutt, supports multiple accounts and GPG?  I'm willing to try working with mutt some more and cone, but it's really starting to aggravate me that there isn't something out there that (generally speaking) 'just works', without having to use some messy hack or having at least a decent man page (I'm looking at you, cone).

#2 2010-08-08 04:13:48

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Finding a decent cli mail client.

I use mutt + offlineimap + 5 different imap accounts and the whole things works flawlessly (all credit to Brisbin33's excellent walkthrough...). Throw in the fact that you can change all the keybinds, and I doubt you will find a better solution.

FWIW: I posted a very short list of 5 alternate mail clients on Friday: it may prove helpful: http://jasonwryan.com/post/911160906/mail

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2010-08-08 04:34:21

Re: Finding a decent cli mail client.

If it works as well as it says you do I think I'll go with this...especially after investing all that time to get mutt just right, only to realize it doesn't have any obvious settings to handle multiple accounts.

Thanks!

Board footer