You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-08 12:01:08

Speek

ncurses apps in xterm not resizing

I keep having trouble with some ncurses programs in a xterm. First it didn't show color. After trying all suggestions I could find in the forums and wiki I found that doing 'tic /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/etc/xterm.terminfo' works best for me (trick from the ncurses slack.build). This overwrites all xterm* files in /usr/share/terminfo/x. Now there's no need to fiddle with other TERM names (which has unwanted side effects for certain keys).

But some ncurses programs don't resize with the xterm.
Programs that do resize: mc, vim, mutt, links, man
Programs that don't resize: moc, ncmpc, cplay, btdownloadcurses.py, nano
The not-resizing programs do resize in Slackware and Debian. Anyone has an idea what the problem could be? I would like to investigate this further, but don't know where to look next. I hope we can figure this out so Arch will have a perfect xterm in the next release  smile

Edit: fixed a typo.

#2 2005-04-09 02:32:24

neotuli
Lazy Developer
Website

Re: ncurses apps in xterm not resizing

Just as a note, these same apps don't resize for me either. At first I was tempted to say it's probably something coded in the app..but since it works in other distros...hmmmm

The suggestion box only accepts patches.

#3 2005-04-09 03:06:44

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

nano resizes for me.  I use konsole and my shell is tcsh.  For the others, I can't tell.  moc crash on startup with the error:
mocp: themes.c:46: make_color: Assertion `pair < COLOR_PAIRS' failed.
and I don't have the other apps.

#4 2005-04-09 09:08:03

cmp

if you use screen btdonwloadcurses rezises (I hate it, when my downloads abort, just because my x server crashed)

Board footer