You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-11 07:35:01

zenlord
Website

auto rebuilding module after kernel update?

Hi,

I'm using the package broadcom-wl on my Arch-laptop, and it has to be rebuilt everytime I update the kernel. That is no problem until you forget it once and have to go looking for that cable that the misses has thoroughly hidden from me.

Is there a place where I can f.e. specify which modules have to be rebuilt after the kernel is updated? This package is in AUR, so that might pose another problem?

THX

#2 2010-08-11 10:39:19

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: auto rebuilding module after kernel update?

Why would you need an internet connection to rebuild it? Just leave the directory there and makepkg -fi again.

As far as I know there's no support for what you're trying to do. Pacman hooks may come in the next version, it seems.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-08-11 16:44:49

broch
Banned

try DKMS (in AUR)

#4 2010-08-13 11:54:43

zenlord
Website

ngoonee wrote:

Why would you need an internet connection to rebuild it? Just leave the directory there and makepkg -fi again.

Yeah, at that time, I didn't think of that...

ngoonee wrote:

As far as I know there's no support for what you're trying to do. Pacman hooks may come in the next version, it seems.

That would be nice - I'll keep an eye on that one...

#5 2010-08-13 12:00:58

SanskritFritz
Website

broch wrote:

try DKMS (in AUR)

Thanks for that.

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

Board footer