You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-14 02:54:46

poopship21

use makepkg on local sources

i would like to install the firefox-nightly package with branding but i see that this is only accomplishable by editing the mozconfig file which is not presented for editing when building the package using the makepkg downloaded in the tar from AUR.  i would like to make the package from a pre-downloaded tarball from mozilla which contains the mozconfig file.  is there any other way to do this?

#2 2010-08-14 03:17:01

poopship21

Re: use makepkg on local sources

ok i was attempting to simply edit the PKGBUILD for firefox from extra with the declarations at the top of the one for firefox-nightly but there are some weird inconsistencies (not trying to say i found a problem) such as the abscence of wget calls to the source url of extra/firefox which occur in aur/firefox-nightly.  where are the sources actually obtained here?

build() {
  cd "${srcdir}/mozilla-1.9.2"
  patch -Np1 -i "${srcdir}/mozilla-firefox-1.0-lang.patch"
  patch -Np1 -i "${srcdir}/browser-defaulturls.patch"
  patch -Np1 -i "${srcdir}/firefox-version.patch"
  patch -Np1 -i "${srcdir}/firefox-agent.patch"

cp "${srcdir}/mozconfig" .mozconfig
  unset CFLAGS
  unset CXXFLAGS

export LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/firefox-3.6"

make -j1 -f client.mk build MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="${MAKEFLAGS}"
  make -j1 DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install

rm -f ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/firefox-3.6/libjemalloc.so

install -m755 -d ${pkgdir}/usr/share/{applications,pixmaps}
  install -m644 ${srcdir}/mozilla-1.9.2/browser/branding/unofficial/default48.png ${pkgdir}/usr/share/pixmaps/firefox.png
  install -m644 ${srcdir}/firefox.desktop ${pkgdir}/usr/share/applications/
  install -m644 ${srcdir}/firefox-safe.desktop ${pkgdir}/usr/share/applications/
}

#3 2010-08-14 03:26:03

Acecero

Getting a pre-made mozconfig file is easy.

You have two ways:

• Copying the mozconfig file from abs in /var/abs/extra/firefox/mozconfig to the build directory.

• Downloading the file from a firefox-* AUR source such as this.

Also do not just take the build() function from inside the firefox PKGBUILD in extra, you are only making extra work.

You would only want to overwrite the mozconfig file from the extracted firefox tarball with the one you have inside the build() function such as:

cp "${srcdir}/mozconfig" .mozconfig

Include the md5sums and sha1sums checksums for the mozconfig file in the nightly build PKGBUILD before running a makepkg as well.

Last edited by Acecero (2010-08-14 03:27:55)

#4 2010-08-14 07:36:51

Ogion

Normal source downloads (that is tarballs and not git/hg/etc) happen by having the appropriate variable set. Makepkg then does it on its own. For example the first line of the source () in the PKGBuiLD for firefox-pgo:

source=("ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/$pkgver/source/firefox-$pkgver.source.tar.bz2"

Simply declaring this will make makepkg download it.

I suggest you read the arch-wiki article on PKGBUILDs

Ogion

(my-dotfiles)
"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
"Enlightenment is man's leaving his self-caused immaturity." - Immanuel Kant

Board footer