I reimplemented some parts of dwb and did some changes:
* slightly changed ui (each view has its own addressbar now)
* all settings and keybindings can now be changed while dwb is running via commandline or a webinterface
* more than one session can be saved
* profiles with different settings, quickmarks, bookmarks, history
* it is possible to have only one instance of dwb
* applications for opening downloads can be changed on the fly
- no formfiller yet
The problem with losing keyboard focus should be fixed.
Keybindings and screenshots can be found here.
Just installed. I like the concept but i'm running into a big problem. I can run dwb the first time and everything seems fine. I press d to close, and then I can't run it again unless i delete the .config/dwb directory. Here is the terminal output.
[empthollow@MoonShadow ~]$ dwb Cannot open /home/empthollow/.config/dwb/default/bookmarks: file not found Cannot open /home/empthollow/.config/dwb/default/history: file not found Cannot open /home/empthollow/.config/dwb/default/quickmarks: file not found Cannot open /home/empthollow/.config/dwb/searchengines: file not found Cannot open /home/empthollow/.config/dwb/mimetypes: file not found Cannot open /home/empthollow/.config/dwb/default/cookies.allow: file not found No keysfile found, creating a new file. No settingsfile found, creating a new file. [empthollow@MoonShadow ~]$ dwb Received SIGSEGV, try to clean up. (dwb:3734): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_get_values: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed Success.
@empthollow: should be fixed now.
Thanks for the quick response, I will rebuild.
Last edited by Psyce (2010-08-14 08:46:17)
OK then i bear with it till u have time to implement it and than ure my god XD
Edit: I did the same for flash-content and it also seems to work. block-flash must be enabled and allowed domains can be added with "tf" (toggle_flash).
Last edited by portix (2010-08-16 00:47:22)
Awesome job, man! I love this browser....but of course, the comments :-)
1. Google reader and gmail never finish loading. Google maps, videos, etc work perfectly, as does your content blocker.
2. Netflix.com scrolls suuuuuper sloooowly. I've noticed this on other webkit browsers too, except for chrome. (Google reader is also really slow on the other webkit browsers).
3. Most pages require a quick mouse click someplace inside the page to focus the window to where I can use the space bar to scroll up and down. It's weird, because j-k works (for example on news.google.com) to scroll up and down, but I have to click in the window before using the space bar.
4. The save button on the 'Settings' page (Sgs) gives a 'No such setting' error in the bottom bar, and it doesn't appear to save the settings if I close that view and then reopen the settings page in a new view.
5. There used to be a 'show quickmarks' keybinding...I'm only seeing a 'show bookmarks' now.
Thanks very much for your work on this!
Last edited by firecat53 (2010-08-17 17:50:27)
Thanks for your response.
1. + 2. Google reader works fine here but scrolling is really slow, but this seems to be webkit related.
3. Thanks for this remark, i didn't notice it, because i does not use the webkit builtin shortcuts, but i have fixed it with revision 78.
4. Removed the "save" button with revision 78. Changed settings will be saved if a text input loses focus and the value has changed or the return-key is pressed.
5. Maybe i will implement this later. For now you can simply add quickmark for your quickmarkfile (located in $HOME/.config/dwb/$profile/quickmarks).
I just finished building 81-1, as firecat53 said gmail does not finish loading unless i use basic html. Also I suspect a related issue is rutorrent does finish loading. Both of these broke with this update. Gmail and rutorrent used to load fine for me. Thanks for the hard work. This is a great browser.
Do you have an idea why this is not working for the Sites? Do I have to disable normal Java?
PS. I haven't used ts for allowing the sites using scripts.
@Psyce, thanks for pointing that out. I figured out what causes the problem but i see no simple solution at the moment but it's on my todo list.
@Portix, its no problem i am thankful for your hard work making this browser. Just found that problem because I want a little bit privacy and thought I let you know it so you can do something. So I look forward for it get working in the future.
[pobega@crynyd ~]$ dwb Received SIGSEGV, try to clean up. Success.
No matter what I do dwb ends up crashing with this. I've never debugged a program before so I have no clue where to start. Any way you can message me some way to get in contact with you (@portix) so we can fix this?
I realize this problem is too vague, but it's exactly how it happens. dwb just randomly decides it's closing.
This is really vague. I have enabled private messages now, so you can send me an email over the forum.
I have a feature idea. Please weigh in. Add a mimetype file so that when you download a specific file type (i.e. pdf) whatever program specified in the mimetype file would open the downloaded object - similar to the functionality of the mutt mimetype file.
A similar feature is already built in. Before a download starts you can press C-x to specify a program to open this
file (a full path must be specified but i.e. xpdf<Tab> will complete to /usr/bin/xpdf). The specified application will be
saved for this mimetype.
Last edited by portix (2010-08-27 00:44:19)
Thanks, that feature works great. I didn't see that when I scaned the man page, thanks for pointing that out.
got some little problems with the stability.
** Message: console message: http://files.video-loader.com/au2m8_preloader/79918829127732326071579.htm?vs=1&r=www.loombo.com%2Fno_file.html&s=www.loombo.com%2Fno_file.html&poR=http%3A%2F%2Fkino.to%2FStream%2FThe_Sorcerers_Apprentice.html&poS=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.loombo.com%2Fno_file.html&t=658732 @20: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: initiframe ** Message: console message: undefined @1: SyntaxError: Parse error Received SIGSEGV, try to clean up. Success.
this is the msg I get when browser exits. Hope u can do something with it.
informations would be good. Is loombo.com the site, where this happened, does this also happen on other sites
and which revision is installed.