You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-15 17:17:43

gauthma
Website

HAL CD/DVD autodetect disabled in xml file

Hello,

First, let me start by quoting from the wiki the relevant piece of information:

If that[autodetect] does not work, it may be because your device is not "checked" for automount by HAL. I am not sure why but you may have a file under /etc/hal/fdi/information/media-check-disable-storage_model_$YOUR_DEVICE.fdi which should have a content similar to:
File: /etc/hal/fdi/information/media-check-disable-storage_model_$YOUR_DEVICE.fdi

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
   <device>
     <match key="info.udi" string="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_model_DV$
       <merge key="storage.media_check_enabled" type="bool">false</merge>
     </match>
   </device>
</deviceinfo>

If the key is set to false (it was in my case), all you have to do is to change the value of the key to true.

This happened once before, after an update, I believe. A bit of searching solved the problem, and I thought no more of it. However, now it has happened again! Now, I can only think of two things: either it was because of the new DVD-RW drive I added, or again, because of some update. I'm running testing, and the only updates I can think of that may have something to do with this are either of the kernel or of udev... (anyway I'm just surmising here, so both of them may have nothing to do with the problem at all...)

Has anyone encountered the same problem, or has an explanation for this? (which I'd then be more than happy to add to the wiki wink )

Board footer