You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-18 22:08:18

Ben9250
Website

[SOLVED] ALSA - Possibly the issue.

Hi,

I've just done another update and it featured the kernel once again, so as a result I got the same issue as last time where gdm wouldn't work and wl module wasn't on my system. That was easy and solved those things again, but now I have another issue, the computer boots and works fine but during the start-up messages, I get one about setting (or resetting) ALSA levels which results in [FAIL] instead of [DONE], and it gives me something about HDA-Intel device not found. It's hard to read before it flashes away, but I wondered if anyone knew the log for me to get a look at this error and put it up here. I'm wondering if it would be solved by something as simple as re-installing the alsa stuff, as that's what I need to do when it does a similar error about the nvidia driver. Although I've not heard anyone else with nvidia or wl drivers/modules say they go awry like this every so often after a kernel26 update. This ALSA one is new to me.

Thanks,
Ben.

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-08-19 21:24:56)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

#2 2010-08-18 22:53:09

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] ALSA - Possibly the issue.

You sound like you're doing updates very rarely, somehow. Not very recommended.

You may need to re-look at the ALSA wiki and re-do the 'saving volumes' bit.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-08-19 00:02:00

synthead

Try (# means as root)

# alsactl store

then test it out by...

# /etc/rc.d/alsa restart

#4 2010-08-19 08:26:02

Ben9250
Website

Thanks, I think that worked, not sure yet, I'll definitely know after restart. I am updating regularly though, and I've had I think one or two kernel26 updates and nvidia updates without it doing this, and the last time it happened was the first time.

[EDIT] It sorted it. Thanks!

Last edited by Ben9250 (2010-08-19 21:24:42)

"In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it."
  - H. G. Wells

Board footer