You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-12 11:50:25

mikeym

ALSA Microphone

Hi,

I'm trying to get a microphone to work on my system without much success. I've got 2 sound cards a Audigy LS (SE) recognised as CA0106 and a on board sound card that appears as CK804.

Too be honest neither is great. So I don't care which one I get working as long as I can get the microphone to work. At the moment I can get ALSA sound out of either (or both) but not the Mic out of either!

At the moment to simplify things I've disabled the On Board CK804 card in my BIOS. My /etc/asound.conf file is blank. I'm blocking the loading of OSS with:

/etc/rc.conf

MODULES=(!snd_pcm_oss !snd_mixer_oss !snd_seq_oss)

But it doesn't make any difference if I load the modules or not.

There was a weird thing after I removed my On Board sound card in the BIOS, the Audigy card was still recognized by ALSA as card 1, but I now had no card 0!

I got round this with:

/etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf

#
# /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf (for v2.6 kernels)
#
options snd-ca0106 index=0

And my /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf look like this:

alias snd-card-0 snd-ca0106
alias sound-slot-0 snd-ca0106

With the capture levels set to max for the 4 available Line in, Mic, Phone and Aux I've tried every combination for Analog Source, Digital Source and Shared Mic (the 3 remaining capture options). Non of which works.

So I could really do with some help. This appears to be one of the few places I seen while researching this that there appear to be poeple who actually know how ALSA works.

#2 2010-08-12 13:17:47

scorpyn

Re: ALSA Microphone

I'm also trying to solve this. I've been able to get sound from it by trying OSS, so I know my microphone works.

I've also tried

MODULES=(!snd_pcm_oss !snd_mixer_oss !snd_seq_oss)

No luck so far.

lspci info:

05:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB X-Fi

#3 2010-08-22 22:40:33

scorpyn

Re: ALSA Microphone

I was able to make it work by enabling and increasing the volume of Line-in (on the Playback tab).

My MODULES line in /etc/rc.conf is empty.

Board footer