You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-24 04:13:43

zazou

Problem installing XFCE Themes

So I'm giving XFCE a try, for those days when I feel like just a wee bit more than wmii. big_smile However, I'm having issues installing themes from xfce-look, despite following the wiki instructions. I've downloaded two themes and unzipped their contents to /usr/share/themes/<theme_name>/xfwm4f and ~/.themes/<theme_name>/xfwm4. However, neither of my themes shows up in Settings -> Appearance or in Settings -> Window Manager.

Am I misreading the wiki? I was under the impression that no extra packages are needed to use themes in XFCE.

#2 2010-08-24 08:10:28

Cdh

Re: Problem installing XFCE Themes

Actually you're doing it right.

Have you unzipped the contents directly to .themes/bla/xfwm4 or are there some extra subfolders?

I use this theme at the moment:
xfwmtheme.jpg

฿ 18PRsqbZCrwPUrVnJe1BZvza7bwSDbpxZz

#3 2010-08-24 12:37:23

zazou

Re: Problem installing XFCE Themes

Hmm, one of the two (the one in /usr/share/) does have a lot of extra subfolders, like Arrows/  and Buttons/ etc. These were located in an extra .tar.gz inside the xfwm folder that I didn't notice, because it didn't have the .tar.gz extension. After unzipping it, though, I still don't see the theme show up in in the options.

Edit: I just quickly tried downloading another theme - it appears that *both* of the themes that I tried before were invalid somehow. I'll try another one after work to make sure, but it seems that may have been the problem all along.

Last edited by zazou (2010-08-24 12:40:49)

Board footer