You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-31 10:24:03

maxi_jac

gcc-multilib replacing gcc (and binutils etc...)

Hi,

Today I've switched to the multilib toolchain, which asked me to replace my 64bit one. I proceeded.
Everything works it's nice, good job wink

But I've one concern about this :
When using [testing], if there's a toolchain update, since multilib has replace my actual toolchain and does not have a testing repo, how will things work ?

I've seen on the ML someone mentionning community-testing as multilib-testing. News on that ?

Bye.

#2 2010-08-31 13:48:24

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: gcc-multilib replacing gcc (and binutils etc...)

No decision as yet. Topics like this are much better suited for the mailing list, I suggest you continue this conversation there.

P.S. - Your topic should be MUCH more specific, for example "Will [multilib] conflict with [testing] at some point?" or similar.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-08-31 15:23:28

maxi_jac

Why not, which list ?

Thanks.

#4 2010-08-31 22:45:59

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

The same list that you presumably read....

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2010-09-01 10:18:13

maxi_jac

I read several.
I remember there's been a new multilib list now .

Board footer