You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-02 04:52:11

dsdeiz

[SOLVED] Starting daemons just kept on displaying [busy] on boot...

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble with my arch install. During boot it starts syslog-ng and crond. Then when it comes to starting dbus it just displays busy. I tried disabling hal first to see if it was the problem but then it displays busy for mpd which was the next daemon from the list after hal. I was suggested to start the daemons in the background so that one was good. I was able to login. Though I can't seem to start some applications anymore. Doing sudo vim /etc/rc.conf doesn't prompt for a password and Skype just shows a blank window. I am able to run Urxvt though, or trayer, or xmonad.

Any things I should consider?

Btw, I'm not sure which log file should I specifically look at. This also seem to happen after an update yesterday.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, it was somehow a problem between dbus, nss_ldap and pam_ldap. Removed nss_ldap and pam_ldap for now. Thanks!

Last edited by dsdeiz (2010-09-02 08:42:28)

#2 2010-09-02 07:36:12

dsdeiz

Re: [SOLVED] Starting daemons just kept on displaying [busy] on boot...

Still can't get this to work. I can't open up my arch install sad This is the last message I get on boot:

Starting D-BUS system messagebus                                  [BUSY]

Last edited by dsdeiz (2010-09-02 07:37:16)

#3 2010-09-02 11:23:17

marfig
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Starting daemons just kept on displaying [busy] on boot...

dsdeiz,

Remove the solved flag from your thread or you risk it being ignored by many.

Nevermind. You edited the original post after you found a solution, instead of making a new post or editing your last one, and I didn't notice the timestamps until now. You should probably try to avoid doing that in the future.

Last edited by marfig (2010-09-02 11:27:53)

I probably made this post longer than it should only because I lack the time to make it shorter.
- Paraphrased from Blaise Pascal

Board footer