You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-02 19:33:10

Hessiess

UDev reboot loop

I have bean having a number of issues with my laptop today,  booting it in the morning resulted in the system getting to the waiting for udev events stage of the boot, then hanging and panicing.  Rebooting the system again it booted up cleanly, with the exception of a complete lack of network connectivity/ no interfaces. Because the behaviour was inconsistent across boots I assumed that the hard drive had developed a bad sector/ minor data corruption so booted my backup OS(Ubuntu, same drive, no issues) chrooted the arch system and updated the kernel in case it had bean corrupted.

That did not help and just created another problem, the hard drive was not found at all, resulting in another panic. Finding that it was a known problem, I reverted to the old kernel again.

Now the system just displays a itco_wdt unexpected close error, hangs on udev events, then reboots repeating this proses.

Tried adding nomodeset to the kernel boot line with no effect. Fsck does not report any issues with any of the file systems. No idea what's going on with it.

Board footer