You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-18 21:05:35

JonnyJD

1 GiB of files in /var/spool/postfix/maildrop

I have 1 GiB, around 250 k files in /var/spool/postfix/maildrop

The reason for the amount must be because I have some cronjobs that run often and when something goes wrong "mail" is sent to somebody.
But my question is rather about:

How do users actually receive this system mail and why are all these files still in /var/spool/postfix/maildrop?

I couldn't find anything specific for the files in this directory. Do I have to create a Maildir for every user? If so: how do I do that. And after that, how do I check mail in this folder then.
On the other side I would also be interested where you actually configure the behavior of the system to send mails on error occasions.

I moved all the files to another directory to see if I can safely delete the old messages, but I would still be interested what happens with these files normally, because I still produce more of these.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2010-09-07 11:28:44

zatricky
Website

Re: 1 GiB of files in /var/spool/postfix/maildrop

Sorry to bring up an old post. I'm seeing the same thing though its not bothering me currently. I think perhaps just going through a postfix howto guide would resolve this.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Postfix

Last edited by zatricky (2010-09-07 11:34:03)

pacman russian roulette: yes | pacman -Rcs $(pacman -Q | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))
(yes, I know its broken)

Board footer