You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-12 18:19:34

pquiney

Problem with cdrdao reading .wav files

Hi,

I have being having problems with using cdrdao to read .wav files that I created from other sources (.flac, .ogg and .mp3) using flac123/ogg123/mpg123.

Basically, this is the error

[phil@discovery hack]$ cdrdao simulate --device /dev/cdrom1 toc
Cdrdao version 1.2.3 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas@daneb.de>
ERROR: ./01_achilles_last_stand.wav: not in PCM format.
ERROR: Header of audio file "./01_achilles_last_stand.wav" is corrupted.

The 'toc' file contains....
[phil@discovery hack]$ cat toc
CD_DA

TRACK AUDIO
COPY
NO PRE_EMPHASIS
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
FILE "./01_achilles_last_stand.wav" 0
START 00:02:00

Having used the 'cdrdao' program previously, I am pretty sure the 'toc' file is sane. 

I then noticed a difference between .wav files using the 'file' program:

[phil@discovery hack]$ file *.wav
01_achilles_last_stand.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, stereo 44100 Hz
test.wav:                   RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz

I found that the 'test.wav' file  worked when substituted as the FILE in the 'toc' file......

With a bit of research I found a work around, namely to convert the .wav file to another .wav file using 'ffmpeg'.

[phil@discovery hack]$ ffmpeg -loglevel quiet -i  01_achilles_last_stand.wav -f wav -ar 44100 -ac 2 test2.wav

The resulting files...
01_achilles_last_stand.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, stereo 44100 Hz
test.wav:                   RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz
test2.wav:                 RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz

Changing the 'toc' file to pick up the two test* files worked fine.

Does anybody know either a better fix or the reasons why this is happening?

Regards

Phil Q

Board footer