You are not logged in.

#1 2007-08-14 11:25:07

Zanton

ICL and iconpackage

Hi,

I downloaded an archive containing icons which seems very nice, but I can't get them : there're 2 files, one .icl and one .iconpackage.
After some searches, it seems it's an icon package for windows.

How can I extract the icons to use them ?

Thanks for helping smile

#2 2007-08-14 16:19:09

jdhore

Re: ICL and iconpackage

It seems they're icon packages for a Mac app if i remember correctly (I want to say Candybar). As for opening them to get the icons, i'm afraid i have no idea and Google isn't helping me sad

#3 2007-08-14 18:49:46

funkyou
Website

check out this page

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#4 2010-09-14 23:26:19

Morpheus

I use 4 platforms so please take this info to heart. The .icl and iconpackage extensions are used by Stardock's Icon Packager for Windows. I have the same issue under Linux and have only 1 conclusion. Bite the bullet, pay for the software, use it under Windows when ever you need it, like when you have an icon set that you really like and then you will gain access to the archive. As with anything of this type, when using for a Linux icon set or such, please ask permission first. Most of these guys are pretty cool and use Linux too. BTW, if you really want these icons extracted, I own a license for Icon Packager and will do it for you when I have a spare moment.

As far as Macintosh goes, the icon extension is .icns but that is not the same for Candybar archives and yes I use Candybar too. The archives are a type of .dmg (native Apple disk image archive) and are usually generically named icontainer.dmg, so I am assuming that there is some type of internal folder, image and file structure inside the .dmg archive, along with a naming scheme.
Anyhow, let me know if you still want the extracted icons.

Cya big_smile

Board footer