You are not logged in.

#26 2010-06-02 17:31:18

y27
Website

Re: QuickShare - a simple HTTP server like quickserve with a GTK GUI

Browser registers directories as links, so is this problem about browser or qs?

Neither, this is how it is supposed to work...

I'll think about something like putting the whole directory in an archive, but it's not probable I'll implement it because it won't be really cross-platform, it could take a lot of CPU on the host if the directories are very large, and last but not least this is just how this kind of sharing works (same for directory listing of Apache, etc).

However, you could use something like Firefox's DownThemAll extension.

#27 2010-06-08 17:37:51

y27
Website

Just updated the AUR package to version 1.0.

It fixes some threading/locking of the gtk text buffer problems, and adds some more polish in form of more checks and warnings (for example, it now checks whether the directory for uploads is writable if uploads are enabled, etc.), and a system tray icon, which was requested a long while ago (sorry for the delay...) :

Feature request:
system tray integration

There is a right click menu on the icon which allows you to stop/start the server, or to quit the program entirely. A single click on the icon will show/hide the program window.

I didn't implement anything like download the whole directory, I don't think there is a way to do it that would be safe, and light on resources (creating tarballs could easily fill up the entire drive, etc.).

As usual feedback and suggestions are welcome.

#28 2010-09-17 17:26:30

[vEX]

Found a typo in the code, missing space at line 687 in quickshare.c:

scrollprint("Allowed access to%s\n",buf);

And I just can't figure out how the IP list filter works. I figured it was just a plain text file with one IP-address per line, but when I try it locally it doesn't work. If I add 127.0.0.1 to a textfile and choose it I still get "Denied access to 127.0.0.1".

PC: Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | GeForce 450GTS | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux x86_64
HTPC: Antec NSK2480 | ASUS M3A78-EM (AMD 780G) | AMD Athlon X3 425 | 8GB DDR2 | GeForce G210 | 2TB HDD | Arch Linux x86_64
Server: Raspberry Pi (model B) | 512MB RAM | 750GB HDD | Arch Linux ARM

#29 2010-09-18 00:25:58

y27
Website

[vEX] wrote:

Found a typo in the code, missing space at line 687 in quickshare.c:

scrollprint("Allowed access to%s\n",buf);

Thanks, fixed in latest git revision.

[vEX] wrote:

And I just can't figure out how the IP list filter works. I figured it was just a plain text file with one IP-address per line, but when I try it locally it doesn't work. If I add 127.0.0.1 to a textfile and choose it I still get "Denied access to 127.0.0.1".

That's interesting. The things I would check are mainly if the mode is set to "whitelist", otherwise, it will deny the IPs in the file instead of accepting them. Also, to apply changes to this setting, make sure to restart the server so that the new settings are loaded. Tell me if it still doesn't work smile

Board footer