You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-19 16:52:11

sweiss

[new] Vulture's Eye - NetHack GUI

Hi there. Package name is vultureseye, can be found on AUR (and here).

Enjoy.

#2 2005-04-19 20:46:39

droog

Re: [new] Vulture's Eye - NetHack GUI

as much as i despise frontends for nethack, that one looks pretty cool. it actually has good graphics and a nice 3d look.  i've tried the tileset ones a few times and cant stand them. 
does the keyboard still work or is it mouse only? and is qt an optional dependency or required from the the only thing i found about dependencies was this:

For the Linux and BeOS versions:

* SDL libraries, available from www.libsdl.org
    * In Linux, MIDI and MP3 music are supported through external, configurable players

i'll give it a try without qt and see if it compiles, but im sure ill miss @ and d

#3 2005-04-20 02:58:03

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Playing nethack with a gui is like watching a movie instead of reading a book. the movie always sucks in comparison

#4 2005-04-20 08:14:35

sweiss

droog wrote:

as much as i despise frontends for nethack, that one looks pretty cool. it actually has good graphics and a nice 3d look.  i've tried the tileset ones a few times and cant stand them. 
does the keyboard still work or is it mouse only? and is qt an optional dependency or required from the the only thing i found about dependencies was this:

For the Linux and BeOS versions:

* SDL libraries, available from www.libsdl.org
    * In Linux, MIDI and MP3 music are supported through external, configurable players

i'll give it a try without qt and see if it compiles, but im sure ill miss @ and d

This PKGBUILD is for the Qt version (I'm a KDE user). If anyone is interested, I can try to make an X11 or Gnome version, I suppose.

I haven't got enough time to play with it yet, but it seems to be using only the mouse at first glance.

Board footer