You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-05 14:49:48

dboat

Several questions with acpi-eeepc-generic

I have recently installed it on my eeepc 901.  Most of its features work fine right after installation, including sleep, wireless toggle, brightness and sound volume.  I can change the function of the four silver buttons according to my will.  However, I still have the following problems:

1.  The camera is always _on_ everytime after boot up.  I want it default _off_.
I have tried adding eeepc-restore to the daemon line of rc.conf, turn off the camera then reboot. 
I have tried adding a line (RESTORE_CAMERA=1) to acpi-eeepc-generic.conf (it works for bluetooth). 
Both cases fail.  Any advice?

2.  I can do some basic bash script, but have no idea how this conf file work.
For the four silver buttons, there is only one line per button/function.  I guess the "string"  COMMANDS_BUTTON_BLANK is _mapped_ with the left most silver button somewhere.
But for wifi/bluetooth, there are so many lines!?!  How are they working together?  Should I comment out those lines end with empty ()?

Also, for example, what should I do if I want to assign the toggle card-reader on/off to Fn-F6?  How can I figure out what "string" is _mapped_ to Fn-F6?
I am very confused here.  Any knowledge should I acquire before move on?

3.  Among those flying messages during boot, I caught the follow lines.  They appear after I install acpi-eeepc-generic.  Does it harm?

Unknown hardware: "HDA-Intel" "Realtek ALC269" "HDA:10ec0269,1043831a,00100004" "0x1043" "0x831a"
Hardware is initialized using a guess method
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:1255" failed to obtain info for control #8 (No such file or directory)
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:1255" failed to obtain info for control #9 (No such file or directory)
                                                                                                                                                                                              [FAIL]

Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited by dboat (2010-09-06 04:17:22)

#2 2010-09-20 21:28:08

Stunts
Website

Re: Several questions with acpi-eeepc-generic

Hi dboat!

I also have the very same issue with the camera. I have never really managed to solve it, but as a workaround I use the "eee-control" for managing most peripherals. This should solve your #2 issue too.

I do have a solution for your alsa problem.

# alsaconf

Enjoy!

Board footer