Has anyone got MythTV working on Arch witha PVR-250 tv card?
I've been trying to get it working for hours now, and it just doesn't. I briefly managed to get some tv pics, so the hardware is working.
However, the tutorials for MythTV are contradictory, and frankly a but rubbish, especially about setting up mysql. As it stands I can't run MythTV as anyone but root, and I can't get UK listings anyway, AND channel scanning does NOT work, and there isn't even an option for it.
Tried TVtime, that's b0rked as well, and besides, it doesn't support recording.
So, basically I'm begging anyone who knows how to provide me with some sort of how-to, or post something on the Wiki page, because I can't go on anymore or I'll go CRAZY!!!!
Apparently you cant watch tv with tvtime and ivtv driver anyway....
I've had some success with mythtv, but did a reinstall to try and get my tv-out working (which has partially worked).
Either from the pacman package of 0.17 or a build from source both worked fine.
You need to install xmltv for the programs schedule/epg. I found one of the aur's had this on and got all the extra perl modules from there, but then removed the xmltv package and built it frmo source. The dependenices are a bit of a nightmare to install from source.
You should then be able to use xmltv to get a tv listing from good old radio times.
then as a user you startup
1.mythsetup - and setup capture card, input connections, video sources, etc...
once you select your video sources (call it 'Antenna' or something) and it tires to populate the channels and gets to 50%, you then alt-tab to the terminal window to answer the command line questions. best it to just start with a couple of channels.
2. mythfilldatabase - just run as user and wit for it to finish
3. mythfrontend - and it should launch up.
the first few times I did all this I coulnd't watch any channels, so went directly into the database to sort this out. The problem is that it works of some us principle that assumes the channel number (I think) is the same as the order of the channel, as it is in the US. But for example Channel4 is 94.
Basically I got xawtv working and scanned my channels on that, then got tvtime working and scanned my channels on that, then got mythtv setup and went into the db, and tried the channel nubmers from xawtv, then tvtime (just doing 1 channel), until I could actually see it.
There is some page a dansih guy wrote (in english) on how he set his mythtv up. I've lost his page, but here are a couple of others
http://blogger.xs4all.nl/rolislag/archi … 27491.aspx