You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-20 03:28:29

encelo
Website

clearlooks-gtk2 vs with gtk-engines

The 2 packages in the title conflicts one with the other, and this is fine, because they both provide the engine for clearlooks.
But what about the icons and the metacity themes that come with the first of the two?
clearlooks-gtk2 provide a greater support for that specific theme, coming with icons and three themes for different window colouring.

By now I've just installed themes and icons from the clearlooks package in my home, is there any better and clearer solution?

Blog | Twitter | nCine 2D game engine
All problems in computer graphics can be solved with a matrix inversion. - James Blinn.

#2 2005-04-20 05:08:53

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: clearlooks-gtk2 vs with gtk-engines

If you like clearlooks better, why don't you install clearlooks-gtk2 instead of gtk-engines?  If that doesn't work, you can  build your own gtk-engines package with the icons/themes taken from the clearlooks sources.

#3 2005-04-20 21:28:06

JGC
Developer

Since the engine went into gtk-engines upstream, I merged the metacity theme into gnome-themes. I will also merge the rest of the clearlooks themes in gnome-themes when I have time for it. Currently 20-30 packages are on my todo list for a huge bugfix, so it will take some time.

#4 2005-04-21 00:40:45

encelo
Website

Snowman wrote:

If you like clearlooks better, why don't you install clearlooks-gtk2 instead of gtk-engines?

Because gtk-engines is required by 3 other theme packages actually.
I hope JGC will be fast in updating the pkgs in his todo list. smile

Blog | Twitter | nCine 2D game engine
All problems in computer graphics can be solved with a matrix inversion. - James Blinn.

Board footer