You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-22 05:40:49

shadowhand
Website

Working an a PHP/MySQL CMS

I'm currently working on building my own PHP/MySQL based CMS, loosely based on ideas from Mambo and Wordpress. It's going to be pretty slick if I get it all working, and what I have done so far is working really well.

Just wanted to know if there were any PHP guru's around here that would be willing to go over my code from time to time and check it for me. I don't want to release something into the wild that's full of security holes and bad coding.

Also, can anyone explain to me or point me to a website that explains parsing an XML file and setting vars from it? Much appreciated. smile

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

#2 2005-04-22 06:10:44

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Working an a PHP/MySQL CMS

/me waves

I do some XML parsing in my solarwiki code. Feel free to paw through the source. Just don't laugh at me too much.  lol

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2005-04-22 06:11:15

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

in my head, cactus == php
(Dusty == java, xerxes2 == python)

cactus is also making a wiki.... and someone else was making a BB system... man we got everything floating around here...

#4 2005-04-22 06:12:50

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

cactus += ruby
:?:

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#5 2005-04-22 06:26:23

shadowhand
Website

Thanks, I'll take a look at your code cactus.

Well, that's interesting... I never really though of it before, but I might look into including your wiki code in some way.

I'm hoping to make this thing very extensible in the same way that Mambo is, but without all the levels of complexity that Mambo forces on people. Maybe once I get the extension interface finished, we can sit down and write a SolarWiki plugin for my CMS?

EDIT: Just thought of an idea. How hard (if not impossible) would it be to write a Ruby parser for PHP that would allow people to use Ruby to write extensions for my CMS?

#6 2005-04-22 08:23:25

shadowhand
Website

I thought I should finally put the Meus Project (name for my CSM atm) online. There's really nothing to see yet, it doesn't even have any MySQL in/output, but the framework is well laid out. I finally added XHTML output tonight and started building the output class (all of 1 function so far! w00ta!) as well.

http://meus.wgilk.com --- live test site
http://meus.wgilk.com/source --- source code

Anyways, take a look if you want to look and have a spare moment. Be nice and don't laugh, I haven't written this much PHP in almost two years. :oops:

#7 2005-04-22 15:45:31

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

cactus wrote:

cactus += ruby
:?:

ah, yes, but that's more recent (I think)...

like I said before, if you need XSLT help, let me know.... (I love xslt, it's an entirely different mindset to do it right... you can't think in terms of loops and things like that)

#8 2005-04-22 19:07:36

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

you might also check Pierre's stuff out.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=7815&start=30

He seems to know his salt.

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#9 2005-04-22 19:19:05

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

phrakture wrote:

cactus is also making a wiki.... and someone else was making a BB system... man we got everything floating around here...

cactus wrote:

you might also check Pierre's stuff out.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=7815&start=30

He seems to know his salt.

that's who it was! Pierre

Board footer