You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-27 17:59:00

Plooper

Installing psychosynth-0.1.1 from AUR

Hi everybody,
i'm trying to install psychosynth from AUR with the standard procedure (slurpy ... makepkg... and FAIL). I think the psychosynth package is quite old and has only a patch for gcc-4.3 (as far as i see the actual version is 4.5). Well, I searched but didn't find any solution to fix it. makepkg isn't able to build the package, so here the last lines:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/soundtouch -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/alsa -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -MT libpsynth_la-Misc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libpsynth_la-Misc.Tpo -c common/Misc.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libpsynth_la-Misc.o
common/Misc.cpp: In function 'char* psynth::ftoa(double, double)':
common/Misc.cpp:92:45: error: 'sprintf' was not declared in this scope
common/Misc.cpp:97:52: error: 'sprintf' was not declared in this scope
common/Misc.cpp:102:50: error: 'sprintf' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [libpsynth_la-Misc.lo] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/fry/Packages/psychosynth/src/psychosynth-0.1.1/libpsynth'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fry/Packages/psychosynth/src/psychosynth-0.1.1'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
    Breche ab ...

I don't know how to change the language, but i think the translation is quite easy (Fehler= Failure; Breche ab = break)

I also tried to install it from the Dev-version with bzr. I did everything what their installing guide said, but still it doesn't want to be installed. But this time I think the developer made some mistake:

src/Makefile.am:30: required directory src/test does not exist
Makefile.am: required file `./ChangeLog' not found
configure.ac:432: required file `src/test/Makefile.in' not found
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

I didn't touch that folder. Everything is like downloaded!

Does anybody has an idea how to get psychosynth installed? (by AUR, sources or whatever...)

#2 2010-09-30 13:31:36

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

Re: Installing psychosynth-0.1.1 from AUR

I had patched psychosynth locally (quite some time ago) for gcc4.4, but I didn't upload it because it still failed. I had sent an e-mail to their lists but the developer was busy. Until now, I haven't received a follow-up. These are the things we have to deal with being on the bleeding edge.

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

Board footer